- Ramen – http://minimalistbaker.com/easy-vegan-ramen/. Just made the broth and didn’t have miso. Used lobster stock in recipe
- Stuffed tomatoes – http://cookieandkate.com/2011/stuffed-tomatoes-with-quinoa/ Very good recipe!
- Burger seasoning – 1 tbsp paprika, 1 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp brown sugar, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Lasagna – http://allrecipes.com/recipe/23600/worlds-best-lasagna/. Worthy he effort
- Crispy chicken – chicken breast with skin on, pounded into 1/2 inch and leave skin on. Kosher salt and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (up to 8). Vegetable oil in cool pan and put chicken in skin side down with heavy pan on top for 7 mins. Take heavy pan off and cook another 7 mins. Flip over and cook 3 mins to crisp up other side. Sauce – leave 2 tbsp of grease in pan and add a minced shallot until tender. Add a little flour and cook for 30 seconds. Deglaze with 1/4 cup brine from hot cherry peppers and 1 cup chicken stock and cook down will adding some thyme. Add in 1 tbsp cold butter off of heat and the minced hot cherry peppers
- Home made chicken stock – 3 whole rotisserie chicken (frozen) bone. Onion, carrot, celery, bay leaf, whole black peppercorn, salt, submerg in at least 8 cups water. Slower cooker for 8-10 hours on high. Cool and skim fat off.
- Pasta with mushroom sauce – 12 oz of shiitakes, 12 oz of white button mushrooms, remove stalks on shiitakes, cut mushrooms into 2 tbsp butter and a 3/4 tsp salt and put lid on for 5 mins and then uncover for 10 mins to reduce juice. Add 2 chopped shallots, 2 tbsp fresh sage, 4 cloves chopped garlic, and 1/4 oz dried portchinni (rinsed and drained) saluted for a few mins. 1/2 cup of white wine and reduce down. 12 oz campenal and 4 cups water and 1.5 tsp salt. Simmer and put lid on until pasta is done (12 mins). 1 cup of finely shredded percornio, 1 tbsp of lemon juice, 2 tbsp butter and 1/2 tsp of fresh pepper, 1/4 cup hot water and stir to make sauce. Top with fresh chives and more cheese
- Asparagus and shiitake mushrooms – 1 tbsp vegetable oil in pan on medium high heat. 1 lb asparagus cut to 2 inch pieces and 4 oz slicked thin shiitake mushrooms. Cook veggies and toss and cook for 4 mins until browned. Sauce – 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp dry sherry, 2 tsp brown sugar, 1 tsp toasted sesame oil, 2 tsp fresh minced ginger, 2 tbsp water. Stir veggies and then put sauce in and let reduce down to glaze. Finish with fresh scallion greens.
- Mahogany chicken wings – Braising liquid in skillet. 1 cup water, 1 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup sherry, 2 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp molasses, 1 tbsp white vinegar. 6 cloves garlic crushed, and 2 inche piece of ginger crushed. 8 chicken thighs added to braising liquid skin side down and put the garlic and ginger and simmer for 5 mins. Oven 300 degree for 30 mins. Then flip skin side up for 30 mins. Take chicken thighs out of liquid and reserve 1 cup liquid and reduce with 1 tbsp corn starch in 1/2 cup water. Turn oven to broil and put chicken skin side up in the broil for 5 mins.